Autism Awareness Month Giveaway!
ENTER TO WIN AN IPAD!!!! April is Autism Awareness Month. W.A.K.E.U.P for Autism is giving away iPads to families living with Autism. Every Friday during the month of June, Jodi Gomes’ son Khalil (the foundation’s inspiration) will choose one winner at random. The foundation will video the name pull and announcement. Our hope is that by seeing Khalil be an integral part of the giveaway process, it will empower kids with Autism to touch others.
The contest opens April 1st and ends April 30th. There are TWO ways to enter:
HOW TO ENTER: In the comments area below, enter to win one Apple iPad by telling us in 500 words or less (or by submitting a video of 3 minutes or less) what winning an iPad would mean to your family. Only one entry per household and any prize awarded in the Contest will only be made to the Contest entrant. You must enter by 12:00pm PT on April 30th. You may use our comments area below to enter your story, or click the RECORD button below to record your video entry. Additionally, you may UPLOAD a pic on our Facebook site, and tell us your story. May the best submission win!!!
The button below lets you record a video using your webcam and microphone. Just press the record button and smile into the camera!
W.A.K.E.U.P for Autism iPad Giveaway
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
W.A.K.E.U.P for Autism (the “Foundation”), will conduct a Random Giveaway Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
Description of Contest/Participation.
1. DATES OF CONTEST: Contest will run from April 1 – May 30th (the “Contest Period”).
2. HOW TO ENTER: In the comments area above, enter to win one of four Apple iPads by telling us in 500 words or less (or by submitting a video of 3 minutes or less) what winning an iPad would mean to your family. Only one entry per household and any prize awarded in the Contest will only be made to the Contest entrant. You must enter by 12:00pm PT on Wednesday May 30th.
HOW TO PLAY: Starting April 1st, enter by posting your short essay or video clip for the iPad giveaway. We need your name, address, phone number, email address, diagnosis information and 500 words or less. Winners will be randomly selected out of all the entries and contacted via email or phone. On or around 5:00pm every Friday in June, winners will be selected out of all valid entries. On or about the first week in July, a full list of winners will be posted.
4. PRIZES: Four (4) iPads will be awarded.
Total Prize Value: $580
Prizes are being provided by W.A.K.E.U.P. for Autism and will be awarded pending verification of eligibility.
If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, the Foundation reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion. All prizes or prize certificates will be mailed to the winner upon verification of eligibility. Winner assumes the risk of its loss. The Foundation is not responsible for damage to iPads and will not replace units once received by winners.
5. All contestants must be legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States, Hawaii and D.C. who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees of the Foundation and the members of their immediate families are ineligible to participate or win. Immediate family shall include spouse, parents, children, siblings, grandparents, grandchildren and any other person residing within the same household.
6. No more than one (1) winner per household. For iPads, no more than one (1) winner per household within a five-year period. Anyone who won a prize in the last 365 days is not eligible to participate until the 365-day waiting period is over.
7. By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant the Foundation exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use.
8. Consumer Created Content. If the entry for the Contest requires creative material from the participant/entrant, by submitting your entry: (1) you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place the Foundation or contest sponsors under any fiduciary or other obligation, that the Foundation is free to disclose the ideas on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you; (2) you acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, the Foundation and contest sponsors do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to sponsor, or developed by their employees, or obtained from sources other than you; (3) you are verifying that you are the owner and producer of the submitted material and that no third party ownership rights exist to any material submitted, and (4) you are hereby granting the Foundation a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed and promote such content in any form, in all media now known or hereinafter created, anywhere in the world, for any purpose.
9. Winners are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes in conjunction with said prize(s). Any additional costs related to each prize incurred, as a result of accepting said prize is solely the responsibility of the winner. ALL winners will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more. All winners will receive a 1099 IRS Tax form for the value of the Grand Prize as stated in these contest rules.
10. All decisions of the Foundation are final.
11. The Foundation reserves the right to amend the rules at any time.
12. For all contests the Foundation disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. The Foundation is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or telephone related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest.
13. The re-sale or auction of the Foundation’s complimentary prizes will result in disqualification for all future Foundation contests or promotions.
14. The Foundation is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest or in the announcement of a prize.
15. By participating in Contest and/or accepting a prize, each winner releases the Foundation, affiliated entities, agents, employees, officers, shareholders, suppliers and retailers and their advertising, contest and production companies and agencies from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense, including without limitation property damage, personal injury and/or death, arising out of playing the Contest or the acceptance, ownership or use of prizes. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Foundation.
16. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Foundation personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means (i.e. “inside information,” spamming, etc.) will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Foundation will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Foundation’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Foundation, the Foundation reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Foundation deems appropriate. The Foundation further reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify the Contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized interventions or technical failures of any sort. All decisions will be made by the Foundation and are final. The Foundation may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
17. The Foundation reserves the right to change or discontinue the contest at any time and/or to extend the end date. If the contest is changed or discontinued, the Foundation assumes no liability of any kind to any player who has participated in the contest. Any changes to the contest rules will be announced on the website www.wakeupforautism.com within a reasonable time prior to taking effect. The Foundation reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify the contest rules and dates at any time for any reason. By participating in this contest, you agree to be bound by these contest rules, any modifications thereof, and by all other rules imposed by Foundation management. If due to circumstances beyond the control of Foundation, any event associated with this contest or the prize is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, Foundation reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel or modify the contest and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
18. These rules are in addition to, and complement, any rules said or posted that govern contests on of the Foundation. In the event of any discrepancy between these rules and the Foundation’s General Contest Rules as posted or otherwise disseminated, these rules shall supersede.
19. The rules, rights or regulations set forth by the Foundation for its contests will apply to any Foundation contest winner, including any winner of the “iPad Giveaway” contest, and they may be subject to change without notice. Foundation contest rules may be viewed on the Internet at www.wakeupforautism.com The list of winners will be posted online when complete.
20. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.