We’re here to help you make sense of the overwhelming amount of information you’ll find on your journey with Autism. Below you’ll find our strategies for your first steps.
- Find a DEVELOPMENTAL Pediatrician (Ask millions of questions. If they don’t satisfy your needs or can’t answer questions, MOVE ON to another more Autism engaged pediatrician).
- Contact your local Regional Center (or State Division) for services
- Contact your school to hold an IEP for services in school
- Consider changing DIET Immediately & adding Supplements to Feed The Brain (Click here for tips to get started on dietary intervention and here for more on the autism and diet connection)
- Find a Neurologist to screen for Seizures as early as possible vs waiting for the event to happen
- Visit our “Where to Start” page for more next steps.
- Download Autism Speaks “First One Hundred Day Kit“
The security screening process has just gotten a little easier at US Airports. If traveling with a loved one with a Spectrum Disorder, log onto TSA.gov to order an “Autism Spectrum Disorder” notification card. More
As part of our parent-shared tips, today we feature an informative story about Coconut Oil. Give it a try, and send us your story or results. #AutismAwarenessMonth #Epilepsy #Autism #SharingIsCaring More
During the past 20 years, the frequency of autism occurring in children has skyrocketed from 1 in 10,000 to 1 in 68, and the scientific community is no closer to determining a cause. More